You eat right and exercise to keep yourself physically fit, why not protect your finances as well? Scammers are always look for a way to compromise your information.
Ways to stay safe from scammers:
1. Shop on secure websites
- Look for “https” in the web address
- Watch for spoof websites sent through email and online ads
- Only shop on sites you trust
2. Don’t use public Wi-Fi to shop. It’s not secure.
3. Watch out for scams!
- If someone contacts you asking for money to help a loved one, contact the person in need directly.
- Never give your user IDs or passwords to anyone over the phone or email.
4. Don’t trust email
- Don’t click links in emails unless you know where they go, or type in the link directly
- Don’t open attachments from email addresses you don’t know
- If a request seems out of place, or if you didn’t initiate it at all, don’t click on any link in the email
5. Vary and change passwords and user IDs
- Keep them complicated using a variety of numbers, letters and characters
6. Track your transactions
- Use online & mobile banking
- If you didn’t make a purchase contact your bank immediately
7. Beware of e-skimmers on ATMs and debit card readers
- Investigate the card reader to make sure nothing looks or feels unusual. If something doesn’t seem right report your concerns.
Visit our Fraud Safety & Security page for more information and tips for your protection.