Know the signs of fraud.
Criminals often take advantage of times of uncertainty to scam individuals out of information or money. Remember to always keep your sensitive info safe.
Byline will never call, email or contact you to request your online credentials or debit PIN information, including:
- User ID
- Other login credentials
Call us immediately at (773) 244-7000 if you receive any calls requesting your information, even if the call appears to be coming from Byline Bank as this is a common spoofing method. Hang up and call us directly.
We want to help keep your information and accounts safe:
- Shop on secure websites
- Look for “https” in the web address
- Watch for spoof websites sent through email and online ads
- Only shop on sites you trust
- Don’t use public Wi-Fi to shop
- It’s not secure.
- Watch out for scams!
- If someone contacts you asking for money to help a loved one, contact the person in need directly
- Never give your user IDs or passwords to anyone over the phone or email
- Don’t trust email
- Don’t click links in emails unless you know where they go, or type in the link directly
- Don’t open attachments from email addresses you don’t know
- If a request seems out of place, or if you didn’t initiate it at all, don’t click on any link in the email
- Vary and change passwords and user IDs
- Keep them complicated using a variety of numbers, letters and characters
- Track your transactions
- Use online & mobile banking
- If you didn’t make a purchase contact your bank immediately
- Beware of e-skimmers on ATMs and debit card readers
- Investigate the card reader to make sure nothing looks or feels unusual. If something doesn’t seem right report your concerns.
Visit our Safety & Security page for more information and tips for your protection.